Hello, friends! My name is Gretchen and I am the maker behind PGM Crafts.
Thank you for joining me on my crafting journey. I’m so excited you’re here!
My crafting journey mostly focuses on crochet. I test patterns for crochet designers and have dabbled in design myself. I am a self-taught crocheter, however, my mom tried to teach me when I was a kid, but I just couldn’t grasp it at the time. I started crocheting in 2014 and haven’t stopped since I picked up my first hook.
Challenging myself with new techniques is something I love and I can’t wait to share with you what I have learned. Becoming a resource for your crafting journey is a dream of mine, but my ultimate goal is to provide you with designs that are useful and bestsellers.
About My Family and My 9-to-5…
My husband and I have two children – a son (age 9) and a daughter (age 8). We also have a tabby-ragamuffin mix 1-year-old cat named Luna (for those that are Harry Potter fans – yes, she’s named after Luna Lovegood!).
I work full-time for a healthcare organization as a health data auditor while also running PGM Crafts as my side-hustle. On top of all of that, I am also a full-time student currently working on a bachelors degree double majoring in data analytics. Ultimately, I am working towards a masters in health analytics.
10 Random Things About Me…
- I love numbers and patterns – I find them fascinating!
- I love cooking and baking from scratch.
- I am a craft collector and will try any craft available.
- I am a huge Harry Potter fan.
- I can understand a little bit of Tagalog, Japanese, and Spanish.
- My hands and feet are almost always cold.
- I get bored really easily.
- I’m not a big soda drinker. I stick to water, tea, or milk. I will take a sip of Coca-Cola or Sprite every once in a while though.
- Sushi is my favorite thing to eat.
- I procrastinate a lot, but I have found I work better under pressure.
Do we have anything in common? If so, let me know in the comments below or on Instagram (that’s the easiest way to contact me).